Sunday, October 08, 2006

Don't Hate, Part 1

I sent out our pictures from Croatia to friends and family last week and I got one response, from a friend with a particularly dark sense of humor, that said, quite simply

hate you

It made me laugh because I know her (let's call her Gooshy D) and the spirit with which it was written. You see, she's crusty on the outside but all gooshy on the inside (but mostly crusty). So, this post is for her (even though she doesn't read the blog...because I haven't given her the address...hehehe).

Tomorrow I leave (sans Floyd) for the Cote D'Azur on the French Riviera (I can feel Gooshy D now...hate hate hating me) where I'll be spending the week with a couple of wonderful friends from the States that have rented a place there for an extended holiday (I am love love loving them). I'm looking foward to warm sun, funny old men in banana hammocks, salad Nicoise, wearing rhinestone sunglasses that are bigger than my head, writing, reading and marveling at the wonder of it all.

So there you have it Gooshy D. Hate away...

And stay tuned for Don't Hate, Part 2 where I try to explain how dorks like us get to bumble around Europe for a couple of years.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Pink Velvet Mommy said...

Have fun, and we only sort of hate you...in a Gooshy D sort of way. I love the South of France, so relax, read, eat, and enjoy. We will be right here waiting for you when you return. You can buy all of those beautiful provance dresses for your little one, and all that yummy soap that they make there. So jealous, okay so maybe we do hate you. LOL

12:02 AM  
Blogger Katie J said...

I want to be a dork too. Wait, I am one but I'm not in Europe. Not fair. Hate you. (Not really.)

P.S. My password to leave a comment is ourxshoo. No point really, it just amused me and it's late.

6:25 AM  
Blogger walternatives said...

Ok, I won't use the word Hate though it very well could be the first sentiment that comes to mind... Green with envy is a close second.

8:51 PM  
Blogger CA Momma said...

Walternatives has posted my exact feelings. Lucky dog.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You've been tagged~
check out my last post for info.

And by the way, I totally hate you! Called you a travel whore!! Of course I would sign up for that brothel any freakin day of the week (0:

1:47 AM  
Blogger MattDaddy said...

love you.

4:18 PM  
Blogger wzgirl said...

I'm really looking forward to part deux b/c I want to learn how to be a hate-inducing-Paris-trippin' dork such as yourself. I hope that you have amazing weather...and more of that sun soaking that you crave (living in Ireland & all).

XO

4:10 PM  
Blogger Linda Dove said...

Salade Nicoise...mmmmmmm....

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home