Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Where I'm Coming From

My good friend C1, over at Walternatives, had this great idea (at least for those of us that are settling in to our new comfy-cozy blogging community) to show a picture of our bloggy space to give the folks that read our blogs an idea of where we might be coming from...literally (sadly, you will still have no idea of where I am coming from - in the figurative sense).

This is a picture that I took a few months ago, when I first started to blog, and I was thinking a lot about what I was doing and why I was doing it. It was, and still is to a certain extent, pretty fascinating to me, this whole blogging thing, and I wanted to capture the physical space that I was in while doing it. For posterity’s sake I suppose. For Thor.

The interesting thing about this picture is that we don’t own much of the stuff that's in it, so I don't know if you get a real insight into our personalities. We live in a furnished rental while in Ireland. So the shredded, purple velveteen couch with fringe along the bottom and gaping holes in the cushions? Not ours. The TV, TV table, DVD player, etc. Nope. The bookshelf and books? Those are ours. The movers thought we were crazy bringing so many books over here. But that’s how we made it our home. Oh, and Jezebel? Actually she owns us. Laptop? Sadly, I think it owns me too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger wzgirl said...

Great pic, girl. Nice to see WARYN - and also, a great memory for Thor. How cool that you thought to do that for her.

3:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks comfie to me!

6:44 PM  
Blogger FDChief said...

You've been quite the busy blogger lately, ma'am. Nice feet, too.

I have to say your casa de rental looks very cozy. Any chance of some more snapshots of the inside? Don't know why - maybe just the colors in your picture - but it makes me think of your living room here in NoPo...

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home