Tuesday, October 03, 2006

E-Mom Speaks

My friend, E-Mom, called me the other night. She’s an amazing friend that I’ve had since the dawn of time and the story of our friendship deserves a mega-post...but I’ll save that for another day (hmmm...maybe she can help me write it). Anyhoo...E-Mom has two absolutely beautiful children and she’s sad that we’re having problems makin’/gettin’ some of our own. She knows how hard we’ve tried and how sad we’ve been...but she also knows how happy we are to be adopting from China... and then how sad we were to hear that the wait might be excruciatingly long. It was very easy for her to get pregnant both times and I think she feels an eentsy bit guilty because she’s watched us have a pretty tough time of it and she also sees how much we love her kids.

So when we were on the phone the other night she pointed out that almost all of my experiences surrounding motherhood have been negative. Bad eggs, short luteal phase, high fsh, bad, bad, bad...and now the wait for China is going to be quite a bit longer than we had thought...bad, bad, bad. So she thought that maybe, with all this negative stuff floating around, I could do with something a little more positive. So she went on to tell me (quite convincingly I might add) that she believes that we WILL be parents and that we WILL be wonderful parents and that all of this parenting stuff that we dream about WILL happen for us someday.

And then she said, “...and I’m not just blowing sunshine up your ass”.

And I believed her.

And then I started to cry like I haven’t cried in a while.

Thanks E-Mom.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger walternatives said...

OhHo! E-Mom actually said IT! I'm with her - you will, you will, you will, I'm not. I'm glad you had a deluge; may be you needed a good cry. I'll be looking forward to reading your detailed E-Mom post!

12:21 AM  
Blogger walternatives said...

OhHO! She actually said IT! I'm with E-Mom - you WILL, you WILL, you WILL and I'm not. I'm glad you had a deluge - nothing like a big fat cry to clean things out, I think. I'll be looking forward to reading your E-Mom history.

12:22 AM  
Blogger walternatives said...

Shit, why did that 1st comment not show up the first time, making me retype the whole thing, then magically appear? Who cares? I'm here, here, here.

12:23 AM  
Blogger Katie J said...

Yeah, friends are awesome. I had some friends who told me that too. You know what? They were right! You WILL be a mom too!

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that; is a true friend.
They won't just blow the bright stuff up your arse.

2:44 AM  
Blogger Pink Velvet Mommy said...

We all need our girlfriends, and the things they say means so much. I have my own E-mom, and she always seems to know when to say that I WILL be a mother someday too. Every once in a while I just need someone else to recognize what we have been through, and what we are going through, and tell me it will be alright. Cheers to our girlfriends!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Oh how we doubted we would actually receive our daughter!!! We were waiting for someone to come into the conference room in China and tell us they changed their minds! But no one did. On December 11, 2005 we received our sweet baby girl and still can't believe she's ours!!!! Our actual wait was only 7 months from LID to referral, but the chaos (remodel, paperwork, lost documents...) took 2.5 years! "Pregnancy", paper or physical (I also have a bio son who is almost 10 years old), is so hard. Hang in there! It will happen!

Sam
http://samcampbell.blogspot.com

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home