Saturday, July 26, 2008

Accidental Blogging

So this is how this occasion came to be. I had just sat down with what few moments I believe I have left (before she wakes up from her nap) and I decided to check out my favorite bloggy peeps. As I was clicking onto what I thought was my "cool blogs" heading under Favorites, I accidentally clicked onto "Blogger". D'oh. I was immediately filled with dread and remorse. I came so close to closing the window before it could fully open, but then I just decided to go with it. Blogger immediately reminded me that I haven't posted anything since April 2nd. Sheesh. That was like...(counting on my fingers)...a really long time ago. So, here I am. Accidentally blogging.

Life is full these days. Full and good. Thor's so brilliant (seriously) that Floyd and I have realized our job is simply to prevent hurdles and to pave the way for her brilliant self to carry on. She speaks (English) very clearly in 5-6 word sentences, she can sing the ABCs (L,M,N,O,P are a little garbled, but they are for me too), and she's newly fascinated by numbers. She's joyful, healthy and appears to love us as much as we love her...which is a love that is greater than anything I had ever imagined possible. She putters about the house and yard, singing songs, washing rocks, smelling flowers and pushing the boundaries with Jezebel, our cat. She sleeps through the night and, apparently, is becoming increasingly comfortable with napping at home (she's working on 2.5 hours this afternoon). We are blessed in a way that just never seemed possible. Actually, she makes the future seem possible...and that's a new thing for me.

I think I better go rouse her lest bedtime be too much of a chore. I'll leave you with a few recent photos. I hope you're all enjoying your summer!





Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger kitchu said...

I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how excited I was to see you had posted (I used to be Mad Race for Macey, by the way, you may or may not remember). Thor is adorable- she's grown up so much!! And beauty and brains go a long way :O) Glad to hear that life as a parent is so much more than you expected and that you guys are living your version of happily ever after!

1:57 AM  
Blogger Linda Dove said...

LOVE the pony shot!

Such a lovely charmer, this girl....

2:24 AM  
Blogger walternatives said...

I was thinking of you today, wondering how you were, picturing Thor at home, wondering when I would finally meet Floyd, when I could take a shower with the octopus.... all sorts of Millicent/Thor thoughts. Basically, I was missing you. Happens quite a bit, actually, the thinking of you and missing you bits. It's a treat to see a photo of you and your darling daughter AND read a blog post, hon. Big smooches...

4:42 AM  
Blogger M said...

Look at that! I haven't checked your blog in ages and then...

She is gorgeous. You guys look like you're doing great!

5:51 AM  
Blogger wzgirl said...

What a sweet wee nugget.

Thought about you today, back in my garden - how cool to find that you are doing the same (thinking of me/us).

xo

6:46 AM  
Blogger Rhonda said...

Beautiful pictures...

10:43 AM  
Blogger FDChief said...

Thank you for this!

I'v missed cyber-Millicent almot as much as w've missed seeing you around Portland. And I unerstand how busy and full your days - and evenings - are, which makes the times we can spend with you, either in person or at your blog, so precious.

You guys rock. Even if, as Mojo reminded me this morning, Floyd is on record as saying that "only a fool" would have bet on Sastre in yellow this morning.

Next time the drinks are on him!

5:38 PM  
Blogger HuluMama said...

She is intelligent and gorgeous! Thanks for the accidental update.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Katie J said...

So glad to see you back in the blogosphere. I hope this a trend. your daughter is lovely and it's wonderful to know you're doing well and enjoying life. Congrats.

2:48 AM  
Blogger atomic mama said...

Loved this "accidental" update! May the fullness and goodness continue to overflow!!

So how do all of these perfect fits happen? It just boggles my mind how lucky we are...

3:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was wondering if we'd ever 'see' you here again. The black and white pic is stunning....
Can't wait to see the little angel again!

4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home